Service available here.
Cokesbury will be hosting a Drive-In Service of Word and Sacrament this Sunday, August 30th, at 4pm. The service will take place in our parking lot and will last 20-30 minutes. There will be a few prayers, a scripture reading, a brief homily, and the celebration of Communion. Safe and individual prepackaged communion wafers and cups will be provided to all in attendance in a way that maintains healthy social distancing. Additionally, there are a number of other instructions for the service which will, hopefully, help you discern whether or not it is a service you would like to participate in:
- Those who are sick must stay home.
- No one will be allowed to leave their car unless there is a health emergency (using the restroom is not a health emergency – if anyone needs to use the restroom and they cannot wait until the service is over, then they will need to go back home).
- The church building will be closed and locked.
- Before leaving to attend the Drive-In Worship service, each attendee must take his/her temperature. If it is over 100.4 degrees, please stay home.
- Everyone should bring face coverings in case of an emergency, but they will not be required while attendees are remaining in their own cars.
- Parking will take place in every other spot to maintain proper distancing (volunteers will help with parking).
- No lawn chairs, blankets, or sitting on the roof of a car or in the bed of a pick up truck will be allowed.
- Prepackaged communion elements will be distributed to each vehicle and attendees may present an offering for the church, but it is not required.
- Rain will cancel the event (to be rescheduled for a later date).
In order to help us properly prepare (proper number of volunteers, amount of communion elements, etc.) it will be extremely helpful for the church if you can let us know by this Wednesday, August 26th, of your intention to attend. However, we recognize that any number of variables might change and we will nevertheless be prepared for any number of attendees.