Service available here.
Cokesbury will be hosting a Drive-In Service of Word and Sacrament this Sunday, September 27th, at 4pm. The service will take place in our parking lot and will last 20-30 minutes. There will be a few prayers, a scripture reading, a brief homily, and the celebration of Communion. Safe and individual prepackaged communion wafers and cups will be provided to all in attendance in a way that maintains healthy social distancing. Additionally, there are a number of other instructions for the service which will, hopefully, help you discern whether or not it is a service you would like to participate in:
- Those who are sick must stay home.
- No one will be allowed to leave their car unless there is a health emergency (using the restroom is not a health emergency – if anyone needs to use the restroom and they cannot wait until the service is over, then they will need to go back home).
- The church building will be closed and locked.
- Before leaving to attend the Drive-In Worship service, each attendee must take his/her temperature. If it is over 100.4 degrees, please stay home.
- Everyone should bring face coverings in case of an emergency, but they will not be required while attendees are remaining in their own cars.
- Parking will take place in every other spot to maintain proper distancing (volunteers will help with parking).
- No lawn chairs, blankets, or sitting on the roof of a car or in the bed of a pick up truck will be allowed.
- Prepackaged communion elements will be distributed to each vehicle and attendees may present an offering for the church, but it is not required.
- Rain will cancel the event (to be rescheduled for a later date).