As cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) continue to spread across Virginia and are expected to increase, Cokesbury UMC is evaluating the situation and what it means for us as a church.
Safety and preventing the spread of the virus is of paramount importance. As a gathering community we must be mindful of how our gathering factors into the spread of such a virus. Here is how we are planning to move forward.
- Please stay at home if you are at all ill, or if you are worried about the possibility of the virus spreading. Worshiping from home might feel strange, but it can be done. We record the audio of the sermon portion from each Sunday and you can access them here: Cokesbury Sermons. If you would like to read the sermon you can find them here: www.ThinkandLetThink.com. Starting this Sunday, we are going to try to livestream the sermon portion through the Church’s Facebook page during the 11am service.
- I will continue offering worship on Sunday mornings at both 8:30am and 11am until I am told not to.
- If you plan to come to church, please maintain excellent hygiene – wash your hands regularly, and avoid touching your face.
- Please pray for the church. Pray for our community of faith as we navigate this strange and difficult time. Pray for public health authorities as they attempt to mitigate the dangers and spread of the virus.
- If you are unable to come to church, and want to continue offering your financial support, we would greatly appreciate it. Checks can be sent to the church through the mail and/or online giving can be made here: